Tuesday, May 10, 2005

9pm, slouching on the couch....

i decided to give my blog and my berlin trip alittle more credit, so here i am, alittle after 9pm, with a bowl of cookie and cream ice cream on the table and the telly switched on... i'll try to pen my blog as interestingly as i can.

firstly, the ice cream is fantastic and i'll most probably go for a second helping but the tv program sucks!

anyway, i made a 3-day trip to berlin on the not so budget airline, Ryanair on 28th of Apr. i made the trip all by myself coz my colleague couldn't make it. i'm fine with travelling by myself, the only thing is that the photos i took will not have me appear in them. my favourite building in berlin is the berlin catherdral. no particular reason, but it's sort of a love at first sight. the usual standard tourist sights are the reichstag, brandeburg gate, checkpoint charlie, the new guardhouse, the university, the tv tower, the new synagogue... but i'll say that the pergamon museum is a must visit on thurs after 6pm when entry is free! i honestly didn't know bout this till i happened to there at the right place at the right time! too bad for me, the Schloss Bellevue and Bode museum that i wanted very much to visit are closed for renovation! =( i also visited the Deutsches Historisches museum and the current exhibition then was bout berlin during and after WW2. and if u are into shopping, how bout a mile of shops along Kurfurstendamn and the Kadewe is a must go! it's the Harrods of Germany! and when you are sitting down enjoying a meal, the berliner weisse is a must try. it's a nice drink and that's all i'll tell u! but looking back, i wished i didn't walk 8-10 hours every day coz i had no energy left on my final day to visit the jewish museum, treptower park and the berlin zoo. my insider guide: visit the pergamon museum on thur after 6pm, visit kurfurstendamn on a sat, have a little picnic on the grass facing the reichstag which i think i pretty cool and what i always do if you are adventurous enough is walk out of the tourist area and walk along the residential areas and see a different part of the town. that's my berlin for you.

work is still the same, 3-4 cups of coffee every day, lunch is at harry ramsden or subway or warwick or the crown... i am now doing the payroll for people under the london and scotland region. a little more responsibilties than when i first started, more work but i'm not conplaining, beats having nothing to do. wed is soccer 'training' at hyde park with my colleagues before the internal soccer competition towards mid-june. i always look forward to soccer except that my previous pair of NEW BALANCE ankle guards were torn and i just got a new pair coz i sprained my ankle when i tried playing without the guards last week.

and did i mention that frisbee is the latest craze in my household and with a number of OCFers. a couple of hours on sat morning will be spend at Lincoln's Inn playing frisbee... pretty hard core eh.

it's 9:45 now... let me get a second serving of ice first...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home