Thursday, August 12, 2004

road safety

i did something unusual today... while driving my mum's car, i kept the car's rpm below 2500. and the reason for doing it... there's none in particular. but i can tell u afew off my mind now. e.g. save petrol, do my bit for the environment...
honestly speaking, it's a torture for me to do it. coz if u know me, i've got a heavy right foot and i usually rev the car above at ard 3000. and the greatest difference is that the car move off very much slowly than i am used to. but looking at the rear view mirror, it isn't that bad. most cars are still quite a distance behind which means that i am not moving too slow or they are just keeping their distance. the other thing is that driving at 5th gear and at 2000rpm, my mum's car can only go at 70km/h. once again, damn slow for me. i usually drive at 20km/h above the speed limit. and if u don't know, 40km/h above the limit is the max u can go, if u go faster, u got a higher chance of being suspended and going to court. and finally, to change gear at every 2000rpm and maintaining ur speed... i think that chance of getting into an accident decreases by 5-10 fold compared to 3000rpm. well, that's my opinion. i'm getting old, time to be a safer driver and live longer while i am on the road. the next time is to eat healthier to live longer while i am eating =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home