Tuesday, August 08, 2006

today

i've done no work at all today!

started the day surfing the net to update myself on computer stuff coz i'll be assembling a PC when i return to Singapore. i think i will get the cool red-coloured MSI mainboard that supports the P865 chipset. it's not the newest motherboard and chipset but at least it's affordable. and i'll get hard-disk that cost in the region of $100, and given the price, that means i should be getting 160GB. i shall use my old monitor, RAM and graphic card for now till they get on my nerves for being too slow.

i also considered putting some money into shares or a financial product as a long-term investment. therefore, i'm not going spend too much money on computer and doing up my room.

while looking for jobs, i happen to chance upon some jobs in the civil service sector.
someone told me that i should try working for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs since i like to travel. why not right, since i am looking for a job, so i tried. shucks, no opening for the position which i wanted. but i was directed to a website to enter my particulars so that they can keep me posted on available positions. this website is not only the job database for MFA but for all civil service jobs.

i came across this pretty interesting job.
job title: Liaison and Info Management Officer
you'll work in the Prime Minister's Office under the Administrative & Corporate Services.
job description is as follow:
Candidate will hold 2 portfolios in the Joint Counter Terrorism Centre (JCTC): As a Liaison officer, the candidate will be responsible in forging links and working closely with domestic agencies both inside and outside the local intelligence/security community; in addition, he/she will maintain links with foreign security agencies, the academic community and think tanks to support JCTC's research functions. He/She will see to the planning and arrangement of logistical support for liaison engagements and overseas visits and study trips for JCTC officers. As an Information Management Officer, this candidate is tasked in overseeing and shaping the information management/file registry functions in JCTC, including the supervision of a team of corporate support staff. He/she is responsible in driving and shaping the electronic information management system and providing support for the administration and IT functions for the JCTC team.

damn interesting and i like it. too bad i am not able to apply for the post. i think i lack the work experience.

i dont mind working for the govt. as long as it's interesting. i dont think i am cut out to be an analyst because i dont have good writing skills. i am confident of my security clearence because of my NS record. i dare say i can handle any job. just give me the proper training and i'll give you my best. my officers said that i was the best aircrew loadmaster, my current manager says that i was doing 2 person's job in payroll, my music director trust me with the sound system, of course i dare say i am good.

ok, enough of bragging, i shall have my dinner first before deciding if i should blog more later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home