Thursday, July 07, 2005

the past 2 weeks

today's a pretty normal wednesday. went to work as usual, did my payroll and rotted for the rest of the day. the only abnormalities are i hurted my back on monday and i've been moving ard with an uncomfortable pain, london won the bid to host the 2012 olympics and the false partitions in my office has been knocked down and i have to look over my shoulders from now onwards when i'm surfing the net.

actually, lots of things did happen in the last 2 weeks:
firstly, finn my room-mate has returned to Singapore for good. i can remember the household playing 'dai-de' with stakes the night before and he lost quite badly but my sister was the first to be 'bankrupt' and we had Mac breakfast the next morning before walking him to the tube station.

then i jetted to Barcelona on Tuesday for a 5-day stay. the weather in barcelona averaged 30 degrees which was abit too high with any breeze but it's still lovely compared to london. the apartment we stayed was located right smacked in the middle of the shopping district which makes exploring the city convenient though i was the only one doing the exploring coz it was my first time to barcelona but not for the girls. i went to Nou Camp which is really impressive, La Sagarda Familia's nothing special but Park Guell is lovely and in my opinion, a must go. i didn't get to go to the aquarium though which i will if i ever return to barcelona. it's the summer sales now and it's responsible for 70% of my expenditure in barcelona and we spent bout 1000 euros in Zara alone. but the sales in barcelona was really worth it. It's a real SALES!!! prices of almost everything are slash 20-70% and only the very latest designs are not on sales. the food is great as well and we bought a fish for 5 euros, 500g of prawns for 5 euros and that cook our own dinner for 2 nights. and the seafood soup which i had on the final night was memorable and delicious. that's barcelona for me and berlin is the number 1 destination on my list.

service last sunday is great. the message was bout walking with God. talks bout the love for God and fear of God in our life which will keep us on the track in our walk.

other random stuffs:
1. i've been on NUROFEN for the past 2 days and i need to buy another box of it
2. my mobile has almost no credit for the past 2 weeks and i'm too lazy to topup the credit
3. farewell football match for a friend who's going back to Singapore
4. bbq on sat at joey's
5. bbq next wed organise by my company
6. killing lots of brain cells planning the places that i wanna go next year and my finances
7. too much thinking, too little work done and not enough money
8. experience 2-3 seconds of divine peace which make me felt that nothing in this world really matters except worshipping God (NO, i am not commiting sucide when i say nothing matters)

my new travel wish list:
Prague, Riga, Edinburgh, New York, Southern Spain and backpack Monaco-the entire Italy region-ferry to Athens and islands-ferry to Istanbul-Cairo and Israel.
but realistically speaking, its just Prague, Riga, Cairo, Athens and hopefully Southern Spain or parts of Italy.
this sucks. if only i dare to be irresponsible and return to Singapore without a single cent on me, i might be able to

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home